Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

16:25

For my preliminary task i had to produce a front cover for a school magazine. It includes a picture of a student, with a sell line, cover lines, mast head and text that fits the magazine. I also had to create a contents page that goes with my front cover.

I decided to do my front cover picture of an art student. There is art work behind her that she produced. This makes it real and relevant to the magazine as well as positive and colorful rather than the colours being dull and boring that wouldn't attract the correct target audience. It be more appealing to look at because of these colours popping out the page.

Editing

Before editing
After editing




















I have decided to enhance the colours as you can see from the before and after editing pictures of my front cover picture. I did this so it is more attractive and appeal, to create more of a positive affect. The colours in the picture before editing are dull and boring compared to the picture of after edited. I made the colours brighter in my final task of my front cover as well. When i created my school magazine front cover I did not really understand how to make a professional looking front cover. I did some research of unconventional magazines, this is why my music magazine front cover appears more professional than my preliminary task. I created a different look on my model in my music magazine, this attracts my target audience which i have also taken more into consideration than in my school magazine. I changed a lot in my music magazine rather than the school magazine. This is due to that fact that I looked more closely into the things that i could have perfected, for example, lines over the face that i smoothed out. This makes it more appealing to the eye and professional looking.
Before editing
After editing
I feel like my music magazine is very much more improved than in my school magazine. I have changed the dull colours to more of a brighter and positive colour. The pink represents the magazine and carry on throughout to the contents page and the double page spread. The preliminary task helped me to learn how to brighten those colours to make it more appealing and exciting for the audience. I feel like my music was a lot more successful than in my school magazine, this is because of the fact that i have learnt a lot more to do with the magazines whilst doing my course work. It looks more professional.

Contents page 

Music magazine contents page
Preliminary task contents page





















My contents page has changed a lot in my music magazine compared to my preliminary task. My preliminary contents page is very hard to read and too over the top in my opinion, it didnt really relate to the school theme, although the text was appropriate. I feel it did not live up to the appropriate conventions. However, I think the colour flows from my front cover, it still proceeds to be colorful and bright. The pages that i have named on my contents page are not clear. The text is not clear over the firework like stickers. This makes it difficult for people to read, making them irritated and being put off reading the whole magazine overall. My contents page for the preliminary task is very consistent to my front cover. Although you can't see it very clearly, it is the same model, this is not very clear which would mean that people may not recognise or remember the magazine. This could result in the magazine being unsuccessful.

In my music magazine contents page there are duller colours. However, it looks more professional and the pink, black and white carry on throughout the magazine.

I have made sure that in my music magazine, the text is visible to see so people know the correct information and also filled the page to make it look more professional. The colours have changed, it might be less noticeable, however, much more clear and fitting the theme to my genre of grime.

Overall, i feel that my music video is much more successful, due to that fact that i knew a lot more about the conventions and the structure of a magazine after doing my preliminary task. The information i gathered helped me produce this contents page which i feel is successful.

Image

My image for my music magazine front cover is a lot more successful than my preliminary task. This is due to that fact that my preliminary task didn't relate to the genre of school as much as it could have. Looking at the photo, people will not think school straight away. Whereas for my music magazine, i feel the photo fits the genre a lot more. The photo is in black and white, there are no real bright colours when it comes to grime music.

However, I think that the smile on the models face gives that positive affect that the target audience would want to see on the front cover, it shows she enjoys the school. The picture on my music magazine also represents it well, the model is serious which is what the target audience for the grime magazine want to see, she is showing power because of her structure and the way her shoulders and back with her her straight forward.

Conclusion 

After completing my preliminary task, I was able to produce a more successful magazine due to that fact that I researched a lot more and learnt more about the important aspects that make up a professional looking magazine.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe