Pie Charts and Evaluating

01:45

From this pie chart I know what target audience I want to go for. I purposely asked a younger range of people as I know they are the target audience that I want and that I want to relate to. My choice of magazine will be good for this category as it is my main focus to only put in what they want to see.
This question will help me see how many people in my target audience are actually interested in magazines. From this pie chart it is obvious that more people tend to buy less magazines a week. However, I asked for some feed back on the people that answered this. Some of them aren't interested, around 3 at the most. The other ones only buy one a week as the magazines only come out at that time which is a positive as they do like magazines but are only focused on one genre. I will find out what these are and then I can see what this genre is. Even though there is a market for the magazine, I could see what else is missing in the magazine and try to provide it.
This question will help me decide what style of magazine I will do. From this I will more than likely go for the unconventional style. I want to attract as many readers as possible. I gave some examples of what these are as some people wouldn't know. This lets them see some examples and give me their proper opinion. I think that most people like to see something different rather than the usual conventional covers. Here are the pictures I showed on my questionnaire.
     


This shows me that I will defiantly focus on the celebrity as well as the information. Although the information is very important, people look at the magazine to see who is in it and who the magazine is about. They wouldn't buy it if the cover didn't impress them. If I was to focus on the information on the front cover, e.g. the cover lines then it wouldn't attract as much audience as the celebrity would on the front cover. I have a question on the celebrities people like the most that I will show in the next pie chart.
For this question I can clearly see that people like the popular artists. I gave them an option of what celebrity they would want so they could then circle it. I think that Beyoncé and Drake and two similar artists. They both do a lot of work with other artist such as Rhianna, Nicki Minaj, Jay z, Wiz, Snoop Dog and many more. If more people know them then it is more likely that people will go for my magazine. This is because a wider range of audience know who they are rather than it being someone that no one knows. I think the celebrity on the front is very important to people as explained in the pie chart above.







I asked the same amount of females and males in this questionnaire. I feel that it is fair because if I only asked females or if I only asked males then it wouldn't be fair and my other questions would depend on the gender. I want to go for a unisex magazine so this is the reason I asked equal amount of females as I have males so my results will be fair. If I didn't do this and I wanted to focus on one or the other then it wouldn't work.



This is very important, it will help me see what people like to listen to as well as have a real interest. I can see from this that most people aged 16-17 like either 'HipHop' or 'grime'. These were two of my options to do for my magazine anyway. 

From the pie charts of my magazine I have decided to choose a grime magazine. I have a lot of interest in this type of music and I know a lot about what people would want to see and hear when it comes to this specific genre of music. I think it is a unisex magazine and I want it to be available for both male and female. The artists that people like to see on the cover are all quite famous, as I know the most popular grime artists this will be easier than any other genre. I can see from the last pie chart that most people in the age group of 16-17 do like grime. I think it would sell well and would have a lot of information in, for example, I can put lyrics in the magazine and explain what the artists means by them because people like to know information like this and also like to learn lyrics.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe